Technology can be a very scary place, especially when you think it can be tackled alone. That is why we are Happy to be a Member of the IT Business Owners Group. We are a conglomeration of IT Business Owners across the globe, that work together to assist each other with never ending attacks of viruses, Malware, Cyber, and more on a daily basis to ensure your devices and data are safe. We are independent companies, but together, we are stronger.
ABS Technology has long provided Managed Services to our commercial clients. We now have a special bundle of those services designed for the home and home office user to provide you the same level of support and security available to our business clients.
Total Secure Plan
Automate / VIPRE
Total Secure Plan with Backup
Automate / VIPRE / Carbonite
Data overages above 50GB at additional charge
Automate is our Remote Monitoring and Management platform. Key features are:
- Management – Our technicians can on-demand connect remotely to your computer to assist in computer support saving you the trouble of taking it down to bring to the shop. Remote support will save you time and money.
- Monitoring – Automate monitors and performs hundreds of maintenance tasks in the background keeping your computer safe and running at peak efficiency. Known bad task are blacklisted and prevented from running and causing harm to your system.
- Patching – A key feature of Automate is patch management, keeping your system up to date with Windows patches is critical to the security of your system.
- Monthly fees for the Automate services are $8.00 per month billed annually at $96.00.
VIPRE is our Managed Endpoint Security platform. Key features are:
- Best Security Protection
- Top-rated, 100% block rates and zero false positives in AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Tests
- Defends against emerging threats, viruses, Trojans, rootkits, exploits, spyware, malicious websites, phishing attacks
- Comprehensive Malware Protection
- Cutting-edge machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Large threat intelligence cloud and real-time behavior monitoring protects against ransomware
- Malicious URL blocking
- Advanced Feature Set
- Layered defense by combining anti-malware, anti-phishing, patch management, mobile device management, URL blocking, exploit protection and more
- Integrated patch management ensures installed third-party applications are up to date and secure against exploit kits delivering ransomware and datastealing payloads
- Small footprint ensures maximum protection with minimal system impact
- Monthly fees for the VIPRE services are $2.50 per month billed annually at $30.00.
Carbonite is our Managed Cloud Backup platform. Key features are:
- Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc. are backed up automatically
- FERPA, GLBA & HIPAA compliance
- Backup Data is encrypted during transmission and encrypted on the Carbonite servers so it is secure and never at risk of being compromised.
- 50GB of storage included in the plan
- Monthly fees for the Carbonite services are $4.80 per month billed annually at $57.60. Additional storage above 50GB available at $10.00 per year for each additional 10GB. When storage quotas exceed purchased amounts an additional prorated charge will be incurred.
All plans include an annual PC Tune-Up so we can insure your computer contains no malware/virus and is running at optimum efficiency. Key features are:
- Scan for malware/viruses
- Remove adware and unwanted programs
- Optimize startup programs
- Clean web browsers and install tools to block ads and other unwanted content
- Annual fees for the PC Tune-Up are $45.00 annually along with the package fees you choose.
Internet Failover: Protection from the Unexpected
- Internet downtime can be devastating to your business — killing productivity, taking away your ability to generate revenue, and damaging your reputation. ABS Technology’s Internet Failover solution protects your business against Internet downtime with an intelligent system that can detect an ISP disruption and automatically failover your business to a secondary 4G LTE connection when it does. When your primary network returns, you are automatically and seamlessly routed back. For a low monthly fee, you get completely managed and headache-free protection, and the peace of mind that a network outage won’t paralyze your business.
- ABS Technology is now offering backup Internet connections for $99.00/month with 1-year contract. This would failover automatically if your primary connection went down. This would ensure that the connection to the Internet stays up and running and connections to web applications, email go on until primary service is restored.
- Basic hardware and configuration is included with no setup fee. This is a backup Internet connection suitable for getting by for several hours to a day or two. It’s not meant to carry the network indefinitely. Limited to 10gb of transfer bandwidth a month, overage charges will apply if 10gb is exceeded. YouTube, music streaming, and other non-mission critical services would be disabled if on the backup to conserve bandwidth.
Call us today for a free onsite survey!
Congratulations! You are now listed as one of the Top 3 Computer repair in Montgomery, AL. We would like to Thank You for providing consistent high quality in your area of business. Our review team either approved or updated your business listing using our 50-Point Inspection which includes everything from checking reputation, history, complaints, ratings, satisfaction, nearness, trust and cost to the general excellence.
You can view your business at https://threebestrated.com/computer-repair-in-montgomery-al If you want to update any of your business information on our website or to provide new High-Resolution photos (up to 3) and Video contact us immediately by email.
Share this exciting news!
3201 Bell Road ,
Montgomery, AL 36116
Three Best Rated® was created with a simple goal to find you the top 3 local businesses, professionals, restaurants and health care providers in your city. We display only businesses that are verified by our employees since customers deserve only the best.
That’s not all… Businesses do not pay us to list them ever. You do not pay us for the listing any time. We believe that local businesses provide better and personal services locally. Local businesses know your city better since they live there too. Our policy is free to list because if you can pay to list, then is it really the best business?
It has been an honor and a pleasure to work with you.
For Release 10:00 a.m.
September 18, 2017
ABS Technology LLC Becomes a Microsoft Authorized Education Partner
ABS Technology earns distinction through commitment to academic customers.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama, — September, 18, 2017 —, today announced it has become a Microsoft Authorized Education Partner (AEP), demonstrating its ability to meet Microsoft
academic customers’ evolving needs in today’s dynamic business environment. To earn a Microsoft AEP authorization, partners must complete a test to prove their level of academic licensing and
The AEP program is designed to train participating resellers on Microsoft’s Academic licensing, authorize them to purchase and resell Microsoft Academic licenses, and demonstrate to potential
customers that they are approved and knowledgeable academic partners.
“This Microsoft AEP authorization shows our commitment and specialism in the academic IT marketplace and demonstrates our knowledge of Microsoft and its
academic products,” said Michael Lange, Managing Partner. “We hope to accelerate our academic customers’ successes by serving as technology advisors for their IT
“By becoming AEPs, partners show themselves to be committed and trained in providing discounted Microsoft academic products to the education market,” said Anthony Salcito, vice president
of Education for Microsoft Corp.’s Worldwide Public Sector. “This authorization, along with our other education partner initiatives, gives our partners recognition of their areas of expertise and
our academic customers the confidence that they are buying from academic IT specialists.”
The Microsoft AEP Program is designed to authorize and equip organizations that deliver academic products and services through the Microsoft platform with the training, resources and
support they need to provide their customers with superior experiences and outcomes.
ABS Technology LLC provides IT Support and Services to Small Medium Business, Government and Education Institutions.
For more information, press only:
Michael Lange, ABS Technology LLC, (334) 244-2929, email@example.com
Why your business needs a Managed Services Provider (MSP): Bottom line, you are in business to serve your clients/patients or make your widgets, we are in the business to manage your network and IT resources so they perform and meet the reliability standards you expect. The old model of support used to be “break-fix”. In other words, you waited until something broke, then you call your IT Support to come fix it. Needless to say, it’s always going to be that critical computer or process such as the payroll computer on payday! Well, it doesn’t have to be like that. With our Managed Services offerings, we can proactively monitor your computers and servers, and with the automation tools fix many problems automatically before they ever cause you a problem. When potential problems do occur our management software is alerted to the problem allowing us time to address the issue early on. This service also offers us the ability to remotely support your systems. Sometimes it only takes minutes to connect and help you with a problem — with our Managed Services we can quickly connect to your computer and resolve your problem faster than the drive time to come onsite.
A key tool is remote monitoring and management (RMM) software. RMM software can perform any IT support and management task or process remotely, efficiently and non-intrusively. RMM software is the most common element in an MSP’s toolkit, with 63% of MSPs using an RMM tool. It isn’t cost effective for MSPs to make onsite visits to monitor and maintain their clients’ equipment. RMM software puts monitoring, management and problem solving on autopilot, allowing MSPs to deliver services profitably and consistently across multiple clients and their devices. Providing services remotely makes the MSP model work. The best part of RMM software is that it can identify potential problems before they occur and automatically fix the problems. RMM software can also manage IT assets, deploy software, manage mobile devices, install antivirus software, patches and hotfixes, and monitor networks. (Managed Services: Why It’s Good for Business).
If you have servers under our management we monthly run through a checklist of maintenance items, making sure all hardware and drive RAIDS are functioning properly, all third-party software such as JAVA, etc. is current, security software is current and working, backups are running properly, and ensure any special applications running on the server are running properly. When a business is running a local server, it is usually a critical piece of equipment for the business; we understand that and take the time to make sure it stays running for you.
Security of your network and your business data should be a primary concern of all business owners, yet many rely on a consumer-grade firewall router appliance to protect their networks and priceless business data. Effective network security relies on many factors, starting first at the Gateway, the entrance to your network from the Internet. Routers purchased at a big box store such as Linksys, Netgear and similar are designed for home networks, and some security experts would argue they are marginally effective for a home network, definitely not recommended to protect a business network. These devices provide very basic security mostly depending on Network Address Translation NAT to shield you from Internet threats.
ABS Technology works with many business class firewall security appliance vendors, including Cisco, SonicWALL and Palo Alto Networks to name a few.
An important aspect of the effectiveness of a business-class security appliance is keeping support subscriptions current. Support subscriptions provide many benefits, such as access to vendor technical support with constantly updated definitions as new threats are introduced daily. If you overlook the need to maintain current subscriptions your appliance is only as good as the day it left the factory, and with new threats introduced daily, you are already at risk of exposure. Modern business-class security appliances with active subscriptions are constantly updating themselves to protect against new threats. Below are a couple of examples from two of the security appliances we sell and support. As new threats are identified the vendors send out automatic updates to your appliance.
Application and Threat Protection Highlights
The SonicWall Threats Research team released the following reports this week to highlight the protection capabilities of your subscribed firewalls to newly discovered threats.
If you have a valid subscription service on your firewall that is successfully updating signatures, no action is required on your part and your devices will automatically update.
Application and Threat Content Release Notes
This emergency content update provides coverage for recent generic exploit host page updates that have been seen in the wild. We recommend that you upgrade all devices to the latest Applications and Threats content version and review your security policy to ensure the desired action is configured for each security policy rule.
New Vulnerability Signatures (1)
|Severity||ID||Attack Name||CVE ID||Vendor ID||Default Action||Minimum PAN-OS Version|
|critical||38857||Generic Exploit Host Webpage||alert||4.1.0|
Network security is extremely important, yet easy to overlook. ABS Technology can help you examine your network security and provide recommendations to help keep your network and business data as secure as possible.
Call us today and have one of our Security Consultants schedule a visit.